06/06/2012

How did I get here?

The last couple of weeks has been exhausting, in part due to my irrational fear of rodents. Time and time again, I found myself stuck in a room that I loved fearing the woman and those goddamn furry things on the outside. Her hyterical screaming and crying were unnerving. I am not devoid of sympathy, I'm really not. If I were in her unfortunate position, I would have bolted from my home long ago. But the way she reacted to the news that she would have to leave when her lease ends was frightening. (I figured back then from the rotten egg incident that little things could tick her off and how unreasonable her reaction could be so in a way, I saw it coming but it wasn't something that I could have avoided doing). I was shaken up by her knocking on my door and confronting me about it repeatedly, saying how she refuses to leave and will refuse to pay rent. Now she has racked up two nights' hotel bill that she wants me to foot.

Their good intention has effectively backfired on me and on them as well. It's probably more bad luck than anything else, but definitely an important lesson learnt as a law student: draft bullet-proof documents and follow the correct procedures to fend of unreasonable people.

Friends are always the ones who save the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment