11/05/2012

Rejection, psychologically, is like physical pain: the same part of the brain is activated. And we have evolved to avoid that. What we do instead is to pretend we give less of a sht than we do or we rationalise it and blame it on external factors.

Some people fear rejection more than others, but even the most secured people put on a facade. That's the rule of the game, they know it, and that's why they (seemingly) ace it.

She's so open about her fondness of me, even though we barely know each other (She's not crazy and I hardly deserve it save for the fact that I'm somewhat of a novelty to her, I think), that it's just sweet, refreshing and turns me into a putty. I suspect it's because she knows that it'll never be more than making memories, riding on the waves of what we shared in that brief 72 hours or so. At least that's how I feel.

A couple of messages that I received over the past few days came close to turning my life upside down. What I thought, believed and took for granted as the one stable thing in my life that was my safety net appeared to be disintegrating, like a spider web in gusty wind and rain. I'm far from knowing the truth, and I'm not sure that I do want to find out, at least not right now. It all seems like a bad dream: irrational, out of control and unstoppable. I hope that it goes away, or that turns into a kind of deja vu supported by context, reasons and rationality.

So there it is. Making good memories seems to be the way to go, cos as much as good times' gonna come, the bad ones will stick or come around again.

No comments:

Post a Comment